ASBESTOS & LEAD SAMPLING

What Is Mold? 

Mold is a type of fungus. These small organisms can be black, white, orange, green, or purple and live almost anywhere indoors and outside. 

 

Mold can enter your home through open doorways, windows, vents, and heating and air conditioning systems. Molds thrive on moisture and reproduce through lightweight spores that travel through the air.

 

You’re exposed to mold every day. They’re usually harmless in small amounts. But when they land on a damp spot in your home, they can start to grow. They release spores that you might breathe in. If you're sensitive to mold and inhale a lot of spores, it could make you sick.

Health Effects

Exposure to molds can lead to symptoms such as:

 

  • stuffy nose

  • wheezing

  • red or itchy eyes, or skin

Some people, such as those with allergies to molds or with asthma, may have more intense reactions:

 

  • fever

  • shortness of breath.

In 2004 the Institute of Medicine (IOM) found there was sufficient evidence to link indoor exposure to mold with upper respiratory tract symptoms, cough, and wheeze in otherwise healthy people.

Equipment

  • Moisture Meters

  • Infrared Thermal Imaging Devices

  • Video Recording Devices

  • High Quality, Cutting Edge Mold & Air-Quality Inspection Equipment 

  • Sampling Devices Provided by Pro-Lab

©2019 Smart Choice Inspections LLC

  • Grey Instagram Icon
  • Facebook - Grey Circle
smartlogotransparency.png